Thursday, December 13, 2012

Breakfast pizza

2 years ago I had my first breakfast pizza. I was with my husband and brother. We were at Old Chicago watching the World Cup it was 8 in the morning. The restaurant opened early for the US game. We drank beer at 8 and ate a delicious pizza.

Fast-forward 2 years…

We’re not a very creative breakfast family. We eat cereal, oatmeal, toast/bagels and every Saturday I make pancakes. I think I need to branch out.

Earlier in the week we found all natural sausage and bacon at the market. (We don’t typically eat much pork but we wanted to give it a try).

Okay so on to the pizza.
You simply cook up your bacon, sausage and scrambled eggs just like you normally would.

While the meat was cooking I made the pizza dough. I always use this recipe. It’s quick, easy, and really good.

Once my dough is ready I cook it for half the time. Then pull it out and layer with eggs, meat, and cheese.

Put the pizza back in the oven and let it cook for the remainder of time or until the crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you at the Military Spouse Blogging Community and following your blog now. I'd love to have you follow back at Reality Strikes Mommy.
    Please leave a comment so I'd know you dropped by. Thanks in advance!

    Labrijoy @ Reality Strikes Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would LOVE this! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete